- Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Please read these Terms & Conditions before purchasing with us. Once a course completed booking form has been accepted in writing by Tribal Bushcraft all the persons named on the booking form will have entered a binding contract on the basis of these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms & Conditions form the basis of the contract between Tribal Bushcraft and the client (this includes the person signing the booking form if the transaction includes a course) and cannot be varied, unless in writing by Tribal Bushcraft.
By placing an online order with Tribal Bushcraft the client verifies that the client is over 18 years of age.
Agreement on the basis these Terms & Conditions arise upon the fulfillment of all of the following: receipt by Tribal Bushcraft of a properly completed booking form accompanied by the payment or deposit specified; clearance of the payment or deposit into Tribal Bushcraft’s bank account; acceptance by Tribal Bushcraft in writing.
Tribal Bushcraft reserves the right in its absolute discretion and without the need to give reasons, to refuse to accept a booking. In such circumstances no agreement arises and Tribal Bushcraft will return any payment accompanying the booking.
The agreement is between Tribal Bushcraft and the clients and is the sole agreement between those parties No variation of these Terms & Conditions shall be applicable unless agreed in writing by Tribal Bushcraft before the relavent course.
Description and price of courses
All descriptions and prices for items are correct and applicable at the point of sale. Tribal Bushcraft retains the right to change descriptions and prices as required.
All photographs and descriptions of items are designed to show a true representation of the courses. They however do not form part of the contract between Tribal Bushcraft and the client.
All courses are sold subject to availability. Any courses sold that are not available will entitle the client to a full refund within 14 working days.
There is no contract between Tribal Bushcraft and the client until Tribal Bushcraft has received your order and you have received a confirmation email back to the address you supply.
Tribal Bushcraft reserves the right to refuse to accept orders from individuals or companies without further explanation.
Tribal Bushcraft, its employees and other agents shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special or consequential loss or damage including loss of profit or any other form of compensation.
Tribal Bushcraft reserves the right to change these terms of sale without notice to you in relation to future sales, all changes will be made available for clients and potential clients to see on the website under the terms and conditions section.
Course participants must be over 18 years of age or accompanied by an adult and agreed with Tribal Bushcraft. Course participants must have a good standard of general fitness. Tribal Bushcraft cannot be held responsible for any losses incurred as a result of failure of clients to disclose medical conditions.
Booking and Payment
1. Booking will be confirmed on receipt of a booking form/online payment or full payment (if the course begins within 6 weeks), or a minimum deposit of 20% of the full course fee. Some higher value courses demand a higher non-returnable deposit due to the costs in marketing and operating the booking.
2. All payments must be cleared before booking is confirmed, and the course must be paid for in full 6 weeks prior to the start date of the course.
3. Tribal Bushcraft reserves the right to refuse any booking without giving a reason.
4. In relation to a group booking a non-refundable deposit will be taken appropriate to group size to secure your booking.
5. A Contract is entered into with the person who is attending the course upon confirmation of the booking, this booking is non-transferable and charges will apply as outlined below if cancelled. Courses may not be re-sold or transferred to others in any manner.
Cancellation by client
1. If the client cancels for any reason up to 6 weeks before the start date of the course, the deposit will not be refunded.
2. If the client does not pay the balance of the course fee within 6 weeks of the start date of the course, Tribal Bushcraft will consider the client to have cancelled.
3. If the client cancels between 6 weeks and 4 weeks before the start of the course, then 50% of the full payment will be forfeited. If the client cancels less than four weeks before the start of the course then 100% of the course will be forfeited.
4. The client acknowledges that such cancellation charges are reasonable due to the need of Tribal Bushcraft to make substantial preparations in advance.
Cancellation and alterations by Tribal Bushcraft.
While Tribal Bushcraft will make every effort to run the courses as scheduled, there may be circumstances (e.g. extreme weather conditions) when we are forced to cancel a course. In these circumstances, a full refund will be given, or an alternative date offered.
1. Tribal Bushcraft expects its clients to behave in a safe and reasonable manner throughout the course and not jeopardise the enjoyment or the safety of other course participants. Parents, teachers and those in comparable roles in respect of children, must maintain control of those children to the satisfaction of Tribal Bushcraft.
2. No alcohol or illegal drugs are permitted, and clients must not be intoxicated at any time during the course.
3. Clients are responsible for bringing adequate clothing and equipment to the course, as per the kit list, which will be sent to all clients prior to the course.
4. Clients must comply with all reasonable instructions and directions from the Instructors and in particular no knives must be used until the instructors are satisfied that the clients have been fully instructed in knife safety.
5. No fires are to be lit without the express consent of the Instructors and fires must not be left unattended at any time.
6. Clients are responsible for any equipment issued to them during the course and will be liable for loss or breakage. All equipment must be handed back in the same condition it was issued in.
Failure to comply with the above may result in removal from the course, without refund and Tribal Bushcraft will not be liable for any subsequent losses. Circumstances in which this may occur include (without limitation) disorderly or abusive conduct, intoxication, failure of control over children, inadequacy of clothing or equipment, incapacity or inability to meet the rigours of the course. The client on demand will reimburse Tribal Bushcraft it reasonable costs of effecting their removal.
Insurance and Liability
1. The courses take place in a variety of habitats, and the client acknowledges that these environments are never completely hazard free. Whilst Tribal Bushcraft makes every effort to minimize risks, we will not be held liable for accidents, mishaps or losses that are not a result of negligence on the part of Tribal Bushcraft or for any accidents or losses which are due to the client’s failure to follow the instructions of Instructors.
2. Tribal Bushcraft cannot be held responsible for any losses or damage to clients’ personal belongings, clothing, money or vehicles.
3. It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that they arrive at the designated meeting point in a timely manner in order to be able to join the course.
4. Therefore Tribal Bushcraft recommends that clients consider taking out their own personal insurance if they require it.
Any complaints should be directed in the first instance to the Instructors during the course so that the issues can be resolves at the time. Any complaints that arise after the end of the course must be put in writing to Tribal Bushcraft within 28 days of the end of the course. Tribal Bushcraft will not be liable for in respect of any complaints received after this time.
The client agrees that any photographs taken by the instructors during the course may be used by Tribal Bushcraft in promotional material, either printed or on the Internet.