Discover the joys of cooking over a real campfire. When the food is ready we'll enjoy delicious meals and snacks. Campfire cooking starts with the basics of cooking and progresses your skills to produce amazing campfire recipes fit for any restaurant table.
You will learn
- Knife and saw safety and techniques in carving and cutting skills.
- Fire-craft. Lighting and maintaining your fire.
- Back country cooking over a fire. Learn different fires for heat, boiling water and cooking.
- Learn how to cook a variety of meals and snacks including Bannock and stews.
- Kit lists and preparation for Bushcraft trips.
- Leave no trace.
The course is suitable for
Suitable for individuals, families, groups of friends and colleagues and youth group leaders wishing to learn or improve their Bushcraft skills. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
What to bring and wear
Waterproofs and outdoor clothing. Hot drinks and food are provided.
Gift Vouchers are posted out 1st class signed for. They are printed on high quality glossy card, ideal for a present and contain a unique voucher number. Buying a voucher does not reserve a place on the course. You will need to redeem the voucher using the voucher number and return a completed booking form to us. Once the booking form is returned and accepted by us, then your reservation for the course is secured. Booking is on a first come, first served basis. You may not get your preferred dates if you book late.